re: [Condor-users] Notifying Condor Master of shuting down compute nodes

Mário Costa <atritoman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
__________
>Is there any way of notifying condor master that a node is going down
>? Wen I use condor_off -master in a node, because when I check the
>status of the pool with condor_status, after suting down a node, the
>node is still in the pool, and being used for maches with jobs, that
>then fail to claim the resources ...
>
>Can any one helpe me on this ?

Perhaps it is just permissions.

Shutting down a node requires administrator permissions.  Thus, the hostname or ip address of the machine were you issue the condor_off must be listed in HOSTALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR.

By default just the central manager is there, so _from your central manager_ try
    condor_off -master -fast node5.foo.edu
to shut down condor on node5.

Regards,
Todd