[Condor-users] Dynamic Pool Configuration

Hi,

I am a rookie in this area and have been doing some preliminary reading. So, I am not sure if this question has been asked before or if its too naive. Here is my question --

Imagine I have a condor pool of 50 machines which are monitored/managed by some "parent node". Based upon the status of these 50 nodes, the jobs are submitted to them.

Now, think of a new node (51st machine) that has been provisioned by some resource allocator. This node was not a part of the original condor pool. In other words, originally the "parent node" is not aware of this new node. My question is -- how do I make the parent node aware of the fact that a new machine has arrived (and it needs to be included in the pool and can be used for job execution, monitoring etc.) ?

Please let me know if you have any ideas to do this with Condor or any other scheduling system available (including Sun Grid, PBS, LSF etc..).

Thanks,
Jyoti