RE: [Condor-users] Specifying the Condor Version in the submit

> >   The machines are still locking when Condor hits a bad machine
> running
> > 6.6.9
> > Is there a way I can tell jobs to only run on the 6.6.10 machines?
> > I have searched the manual and the previous posts and have not found
> > anything.
>
> Anything that appears in the ClassAd of a startd can be used in the
> requirements expression in your submission ticket. So:
>
> requirements = CondorVersion == "$CondorVersion: 6.6.10 Apr 27 2005 $"
>
> NB: I faked that example -- I have 6.7.x running here so the exact
> string you should use to match only 6.6.10 machines needs to be
> determined at your site.

Actually, this got me thinking that a better way to match versions would
be if the version information was separated out into major, minor and
minor-minor attributes like this:

	CondorVersionMajor = 6
	CondorVersionMinor = 7
	CondorVersionMinorMinor = 7

Then I could say, "Run on all 6.7.x machines" with:

requirements = condorversionmajor == 6 && condorversionminor == 7

Or, "Run on only machines with 6.7.5 or higher" with:

requirements = condorversionmajor == 6 && condorversionminor == 7 &&
condorversionminorminor >= 5

Which is a level of version control not capable with the string format
currently used to indicate the version of condor running on a machine
via it's ClassAd.

Consider this my feature request to have these attributes defined
automagically on the startd.

- Ian