Re: [Condor-users] BOINC running, all machine Owner

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:21:34 +0100 (CET)  Emmanuel Le Guirriec wrote:

> I have a Condor pool under linux. Since I have installed Boinc
> (einstein@home) on the machines, they always stay in Owner State
> because einstein is running.

glad to hear it.  as luck would have it, i'm currently working on
adding code to the condor_startd to be able to automatically spawn
a BOINC client whenever a condor VM is in Unclaimed/Idle.  the startd
will kill the BOINC client if the VM is matched with a real Condor
job, or if the machine owner comes back (there will be a set of policy
expressions to control all of this).

> IS there a way to force the state to be unclaimed when only einstein
> is running ?

you could remove the references to LoadAvg from your START expression.
that's not ideal... what i'm working on will be much better.  but,
that'd be a start until my stuff is ready for a release.

-derek