Re: [Condor-users] Very slow response from condor_q and condor_status

On Sat, December 3, 2005 20:37, Erik Paulson wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 08:32:07PM -0000, Chris Miles wrote:
>> I have the same issue and have put it down to the mounted home
>> directory, as when I occasionaly get the slow response from
>> condor_status If I try to copy a file from /home/condor to the local
>> drive its terribly unresponsive and slow also. Never bothered me enough
>> to find a solution though.
>>

> Problems with NFS file locking, maybe?
>
> Try putting your log files on a local disk - I could believe that
> the problem is Condor writing to a logfile that's on NFS, and either
> the lock takes a long time to accquire, or the write itself takes a long
> time to finish. Both of those would cause a daemon to just freeze up.

We see the same problem with condor_q/condor_status but have no NFS,
everything is running via the local disk. We're running condor 6.7.6.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839