Re: [Condor-users] Condor-G - job submission problem

On Aug 26, 2005, at 11:41 AM, duane waktu wrote:

Thanks for your email.

I think I got further after changing the 'f' to capital. However, I got the following errors on both my container site and the log file. The error on the container site indicates that it cannot open the following file: /.globus/scratch/job_6a6e61d0-164e-11da- ab87de08daa45fda///.ignoreme
I included the detail below (see 'GT container log' after 'GridmanagerLog').

My questions:
1. Where is this file supposed to be created anyway?
2. Is the '.globus' directory supposed to be created under the root (/) directory?
3. Who is supposed to create this file? 'globus' user or the user who submitted the job?
500-globus_xio: Unable to open file /.globus/scratch/ job_6a6e61d0-164e-11da-ab87-de08daa45fda///.ignoreme

Globus GRAM defines a scratch directory where jobs can optionally put their files. Condor uses this directory when it submits jobs to Globus. The default location is $(HOME)/.globus/scratch. It looks like the $(HOME) part is being lost. You can set the default in $GLOBUS_LOCATION/etc/gram-service-*/jndi-config.xml. The parameter is named 'scratchDirectory'.

Hmm, looking at the standard installation for Globus 4.0.1, the setting is commented out. I'll have to see if that triggers the behavior you're seeing.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |