Re: [Condor-users] STARTER_LOCAL_LOGGING for Vanilla Universe?

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:55:29PM +0100, Bruce Beckles wrote:

> I've tried setting STARTER_LOCAL_LOGGING to FALSE but it seems to have no
> effect (all my jobs are Vanilla universe jobs), i.e. the log information
> produced by condor_starter still goes to a log file on the execute host
> rather than the ShadowLog file on the submit host.
>
> Can someone tell me whether this feature is supported in the Vanilla
> universe?  If not, for which universes is it supported?

It's only supported in (it looks like) the standard universe and probably
the PVM universe.

> If it is a universe-specific feature it would be really, REALLY nice if
> the Condor manual (a) said so, and (b) said what universes it was
> supported in...

Sorry, it should be better documented. It's an old feature that most of
us probably didn't even know we had.

With condor_fetchlog, you don't really need it anymore.

-Erik