RE: [Condor-users] condor 6.6.5 install problems

> Condor is meant to be started and managed by root, so we have the
> configuration file owned by root as well.

It is more practical for most of condor's management to be done by the
condor
user. We have 2 category of Linux m/c - personal workstation and server.

Us mortals don't get access to run stuff as root on a server, so we have to
have
the sysadmin sit beside us :-)

Personal workstation owners are even more protective of their machines!

If I can install everything as root, and then do as much configuring as
possible
from another user, condor say, then there is less hassle all round.

Further thoughts?

JK