RE: [Condor-users] Processor-architecture

> I was just wondering, is there a way to give each client-machine local
> attributes via the condor_config or the condor_config.local?
> I want to expand the "arch"-info, because at our site it is
> not enough to
> know that the processor is an INTEL, when you need an INTEL
> P4 because of
> compiler-optimization-switches.
>
> Any ideas?

You could set up your own policy, by adding in a PROC_TYPE (or whatever)
in the configuration for each machine in your pool (or at least ones of
an ARCH of a problematic type).

Any jobs for which such switches are an issue, can then specify in their
REQUIREMENTS that (PROC_TYPE == "P4")

The job will then only run on machines with that PROC_TYPE specified.

You could also build different executables for different OS/arch/proc
combinations
in the same style as the examples in the documentation for OS/ARCH.

A similar technique can also be used to distinguish between different OS
types:
REQUIREMENTS = ((OSTYPE == LINUX) && (LINUX_MAJOR == "RedHat") &&
(LINUX_MINOR == "7.3"))
or libc versions.

User-defined attributes can also be used to specify whether a given machine
has
a particular os/w version installed.

Both these last 2 examples will only work if all relevent machines have
suitable
definitions in their configuration file.

cheers

JK