Re: [Condor-users] staging files in condor

Aaron Suggs wrote:

> As for not transferring the input file itself, that seems kind of
> tricky.
> [...]
>
> A Nayar wrote:
> > when submitting a job, can i just transfer some files which are needed
> > by the executable but is not an input file and not transfer the
> > executable or the input file?

If you don't want an input file to be transferred,
why list it in the "input" job attribute?

However, I believe that it is fragile not to transfer
the input files, because the assumption that the file
already exists on the execution machine may be incorrect,
e.g., because of non-shared file system or lack of
knowledge about what the execution host will be.

So if the input files are not too large, it
seems like a good trade-off to give up the
file transfer time in exchange for robustness.

Gabriel