Re: [Condor-users] Newbie Questions (WIN32)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:28:42 -0800, John Wheez <john@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Condor understands UNC.
> Windows Command shell doesn not understand UNC

it does from at least windows XP...

> So to make things simple, you can have condor execute a windows batch
> file. The first lines of teh batch file
> will setup your environment..you can then mount drives using the NET USE
> command..ets
> the last line will be your executable and condor can pass the arguments
> in to the windows batch.

It is not part of condor to execute jobs as the submitting user...I
think you may well be SOL on that front.

the net use is a good idea and works - however unless you play around
with the user that the job executes as you will find network access
tricky unless you are willing to open up a few security issues.
Note that the net use seems to be capable of leaking netbios
resources, you should net use delete it after but this seems to cause
issues on SMP machines, keep an eye on it if you do it...
One option is that your batchfile executes the net use as a particular
user, supplying credentials. not nice obviously you either hardcode
the password in the script or pass it as a parameter (thus viewable to
the rest of the world).

Alternatively make the execute users members of your domain and do it that way.

however given your first requirement I can't see that this is going to help...

Matt