Re: [Condor-users] After booting condor waits for an hour in State Owner

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:25:29 +0100
From: Philipp Kolmann <kolmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] After booting condor waits for an hour in State Owner
On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 12:35:08PM -0600, Nick LeRoy wrote:
> On Mon February 14 2005 11:47 am, Philipp Kolmann wrote:
> > maybe if I point my question a little bit different I get some answers:
> >
> > I am running condor 6.7.3 in a remote boot linux environment with kernel
> > 2.6.10.
> >
> > On a regulary installed machine I don't experience this problem, so my
> > question is which files the condor_startd checks to determine the
> > KeyboadIdle and Console Idle times. It seems that I may have a file missing
> > in /var so that condor waits for one hour before it makes the machine
> > availeable.
>
> Actually, after thinking more about it, I'm curious as to what you have as
> your START expression set to, and do you have CONSOLE_DEVICES set in your
> condor_config?

Thanks for your help.

The START expr is the standard one:

===== global condor_config =====
START                   = $(UWCS_START)
UWCS_START      = ( (KeyboardIdle > $(StartIdleTime)) \
                    && ( $(CPUIdle) || \
                         (State != "Unclaimed" && State != "Owner")) )
===== global condor_config =====

Whole file can be found here:
http://www.zserv.tuwien.ac.at/kolmann/

As second file I have put up a 'condor_status -l' of a machine I just
rebooted.
The KeyboardIdle and ConsoleIdle counters stay at 0 for exactly one hour. Then
they start counting.

Thanks
Philipp

--
To err is human;
to really screw things up requires the root password.