[HTCondor-devel] Getting Classads from multiple child collectors

Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 12:36:50 -0700
From: Matthew Ens <mfens98@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-devel] Getting Classads from multiple child collectors

Hello,

I am trying to configure my htcondor (version 8.8) to run with multiple child collectors by following the instructions from the wiki

Almost everything works well, my worker machines connect to my central server and my jobs run.

If I run a condor_status I can see my worker machines but I would like to use the python API to query the main collector for the Master ClassAds of my worker machines and I cannot see them. I need to query the socket of the specific child collector to see the ClassAd of the worker.

I was under the impression that setting CONDOR_VIEW_HOST=127.0.0.1 would forward all the ClassAds from the child collectors to the main collector but does this include the python API? Is there some configuration I am missing?

Thanks for the help,

Matt