Re: [HTCondor-devel] [HTCondor-status] Greg's Day 10/21

Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 10:35:18 -0500
From: Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] [HTCondor-status] Greg's Day 10/21
(moving to devel)

On 10/22/20 10:52 AM, MÃtyÃs Selmeci wrote:

IIRC, a few years ago some CERN folks asked about the feasibility
of getting OSG software for ARM, but back then I couldn't find
any place where we could _buy_ an ARM server in the first place,

AWS has ARM hardware, which might be a quick way to get started. Wonder if google does as well?

IHEP claims that their ARM machines have roughly the same HEPSpec as Intel machines (but the ARM machines have more cores -- so, slower cores, but more of them)

-greg