Re: [HTCondor-devel] Sinful string

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 11:01:30 -0600 (CST)
From: Todd L Miller <tlmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Sinful string
or are my machines stealthily using shared port even though they're being told not to?

Nope.  Note the default for shared port changes in â 8.5.1?  Or was it 8.5.0?

8.5.1. Note further -- if you're curious about the new Sinful -- that the 'addrs' parameter in this case is just a slightly-reformatted copy of the "base" Sinful. The general idea, for when a daemon has more than one address, is that we can use the backwards-invisible 'addrs' parameter to list them. One reason to have more than one address is if you have an IPv6 address as well as an IPv4 address.

We presently expect to enable our support for such cases by default in 8.5.3.

- Todd Miller