[HTCondor-devel] Condor does not build against globus-gsi-credential 7.9

Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:59:09 -0700
From: Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-devel] Condor does not build against globus-gsi-credential 7.9
Hi, Condor folks.

The Globus project recently shipped a 7.9 release of globus-gsi
-credential (which is not listed on
http://toolkit.globus.org/toolkit/advisories.html ) that changes the
interface of the globus_gsi_cred_write_proxy() function - it changes
the type of the proxy_filename parameter from 'char' to 'const char'.

As condor's src/condor_utils/globus_utils.cpp defines a pointer to it -
 globus_gsi_cred_write_proxy_ptr - it fails to compile against 7.9:

/builddir/build/BUILD/htcondor-8_3_6/src/condor_utils/globus_utils.cpp: In function 'int activate_globus_gsi()':
/builddir/build/BUILD/htcondor-8_3_6/src/condor_utils/globus_utils.cpp:357:34: error: invalid conversion from 'globus_result_t (*)(globus_gsi_cred_handle_t, const char*) {aka unsigned int (*)(globus_l_gsi_cred_handle_s*, const char*)}' to 'globus_result_t (*)(globus_gsi_cred_handle_t, char*) {aka unsigned int (*)(globus_l_gsi_cred_handle_s*, char*)}' [-fpermissive]
  globus_gsi_cred_write_proxy_ptr = globus_gsi_cred_write_proxy;

Presumably it'd be trivial to fix the compilation against 7.9 by just
changing the globus_gsi_cred_write_proxy_ptr definition
unconditionally, but I'm not sure if you'd want to do something
different to allow compilation against both 7.9 and <= 7.8.

Here's the globus commit:

https://github.com/globus/globus-toolkit/commit/2db4aeb2db424458803b62e
f85095662ed2cc377

BTW, not to sound too harsh, but
https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=MakingContributions
comes across as being not too far from a big sign saying "GO AWAY". To
make any contribution, it tells me, I have to:

1. Download something, print it, sign it, scan it(?! what decade is
this?), send it to one email address
2. Sign up for a ticketing system and create a ticket in it
3. Send a mail to a *different* email address pointing to the ticket
(and probably subscribe to the mailing list, or I'll miss some