Re: [HTCondor-devel] If you push to the HTCondor repo, please read this... (rebase vs merge)

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 17:35:57 -0500
From: Alan De Smet <adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] If you push to the HTCondor repo, please read this... (rebase vs merge)
If there are no changes on one of the branches, it should fast-forward, so no merge commit will be generated.

If there are changes on both branches, it's possible that the joining of those two sets of changes will produce a non-functioning result.  It is a merge and concealing it behind a rebase seems like a mistake.  I believe we want a build/test cycle on those.

--
Alan De Smet                 Center for High Throughput Computing
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                       http://chtc.cs.wisc.edu