Re: [HTCondor-devel] Continue a DAG on removing a node?

Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 07:51:59 -0700
From: Igor Sfiligoi <sfiligoi@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Continue a DAG on removing a node?
Hi Ben.

Isn't the POST script good enough for you?
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.0/2_10DAGMan_Applications.html#4853

Igor

On 05/05/2014 07:23 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
One of our customers has a set of thousands of jobs where one or two
of them are sometimes edge cases for their application and the results
are fine even though the application exits with an error code.
Effectively, the job will always go held even though it's safe to
continue on with the remaining steps. I thought (hoped) that removing
the job would allow the DAG to proceed, but instead it goes to
complete.

I didn't see much in the manual about this. Is it possible to have
DAGman proceed when a job is removed? Is there another way to handle
these edge cases? (Preferably automatically or in a way invokable from
the CycleServer console)

Thanks,
BC