[HTCondor-devel] extending the ClassAdLogPlugin API

Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:31:39 -0500 (CDT)
From: Todd L Miller <tlmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-devel] extending the ClassAdLogPlugin API
	I would like to add two functions to the ClassAdLogPlugin API:

void BeginTransaction();
void EndTransaction();

The latter is more important, because it allows a plugin to know when GetJobAd() will return the newly-updated ad; this assists in the construction of plugins intended to interoperate with systems which don't use the HTCondor job ID as their primary key, or otherwise require more information than may be available through the normal notification parameters.

Pending further feedback, I suggest adding these as empty virtual functions to ClassAdLogPlugin to permit source compatiblity moving forward.

The implementation is simple; it consists of adding empty -- except for the call to the plugin manager -- implementations of Play() to the LogBeginTransaction and LogEndTransaction classes.

	Thank you.

- Todd