[HTCondor-devel] Finding condor_chirp

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:42:24 -0500
From: Alan De Smet <adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-devel] Finding condor_chirp
As best I can tell, if I want my job to call condor_chirp, I
either need to search the execute node for it (since it won't be
in the path), or I need to bring it along with me (be sure to get
the architecture of the binary right, and bring along all 16
required HTCondor libraries!).  Both of those options seem
crappy.

Am I missing some better solution?

If this really is a good as it gets, I think we should set a
_CONDOR_CHIRP environment for the job that points at the
condor_chirp binary on the execute machine.  Is this a good idea?
Are there better ideas?

--
Alan De Smet                 Center for High Throughput Computing
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                       http://chtc.cs.wisc.edu