[HTCondor-devel] FW and ToddM - changing ticket status to defer, abandoned, pending

Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:37:13 -0600
From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-devel] FW and ToddM - changing ticket status to defer, abandoned, pending
On 1/15/2013 1:18 PM, Condor WWW wrote:
An update was made to ticket #3187 by user tlmiller.

  Title: unexplained claimid rejection by shadow or starter
[snip]
Changed status: active -> defer

When setting a ticket status to Resolved or Active, the "why" reason is obvious. However, whenever setting a ticket to status defer, abandoned, or pending, please always include a remark saying why. For example:

"setting status to abandoned because this is a duplicate of ticket #xxx"

or

"setting status to pending until/if/when we see the problem happen again, since we think this may just be a one-off outlier "

or

"deferring this ticket until we see how the work in ticket #xxx pans out, since we think the problems are related"

etc.

The moral of the story: always think about "if someone else (like Todd) looks at this ticket, does it tell him everything he needs to know about the story, or is he going to have to find me and ask something?" :).

So ToddM, please add a comment to the above. Also, did you really mean "defer", or did you mean to use status "pending" ?

--
Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing   Department of Computer Sciences