Re: [HTCondor-devel] Future of PrivSep, interested in feedback/opinions

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:24:17 -0500
From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Future of PrivSep, interested in feedback/opinions
I was thinking in the same direction as Brian below... In the mode where OSG is using HTCondor glidein + glexec, the HTCondor glidein is not responsible for protecting the interests of the resource owner - that is the job of the scheduler instance that launched the glidein. So I was thinking all mechanisms on behalf of the submitting user should work with glexec (e.g. condor_tail, proxy refresh), but it is not important or even sensible to expect mechanisms on behalf of the resource owner (e.g. bind mounts, OMM killer functionality) to work in that mode.

Todd