Re: [Condor-devel] brokenness in the negotiator

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 18:02 -0500, Zachary Miller wrote:
=
> i see three open questions:
>
> 0) i pulled V7_8_4 from the download page, but didn't announce that yet to
>    condor-users and condor-world.  should i put it back?
>
> 1) do we want change the negotiator in the stable series to automatically
>    invoke this tool in an attempt to salvage usage data?
>
> 2) do we want to change the master branch to be more resiliant and not abort
>    when it encounters a malformed entry?
>

> my default answers: 0:Y, 1:N, 2:Y, but i welcome your feedback.

FYI, in the 7.9 series, there is a flag that can enable or disable
strict parsing.  Non-strict parsing flags a warning to the log, but does
not cause an exception:

CLASSAD_LOG_STRICT_PARSING = False

For more context, here is a short writeup on the improved parsing in
7.9:

http://erikerlandson.github.com/blog/2012/09/26/improved-parse-checking-for-classad-log-files-in-condor/