Re: [Condor-devel] github revisited.

On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 15:33 -0400, Matthew Farrellee wrote:

> Outstanding -
>   . ability to notify upon illegal actions (devel -> stable merges)
>   . interaction with security embargo policy (waiting to see the policy)
>   .. security patches should not be published during embargo

I haven't played with these at all, but they look like they may be
useful at addressing some technical issues:

        Every GitHub repo has the option to communicate with a web
        server whenever the repo is pushed to. These "WebHooks" can be
        used to update an external issue tracker, trigger CI builds,
        update a backup mirror, or even deploy to your production
        server.

        https://help.github.com/articles/post-receive-hooks

It seems to me that hosting embargoed security patches in a github
environment would require a private repo.  No particular technical
problem there, but private repos cost money.