[Condor-devel] Fix MODIFY_REQUEST_EXPR_REQUESTMEMORY?

Hi,

What do folks think about changing the default MODIFY_REQUEST_EXPR_REQUESTMEMORY?

Looking at our current cluster, it's mostly just doing damage, as it can greatly increase the job's memory request.  See below - I don't feel like adding up all the memory rounding, but the last two rows correspond to 800GB of RAM wasted.

The worst case scenario is the default wastes 25% of throughput.  In practice, we sometimes come close to this.  No efficiencies gained in the negotiator is worth that.

I recommend changing the default to:

MODIFY_REQUEST_EXPR_REQUESTMEMORY = quantize(RequestMemory, 100)

Brian

> condor_q -g -format "%d\n" RequestMemory | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
   4882 1900
   6882 2500
> condor_status -const 'DynamicSlot=?=TRUE' -format "%d\n" Memory | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
     10 2676
     66 2415
     81 2376
    100 2250