Re: [Condor-devel] Replacing condor_status

 Instead, I propose we have a new tool - "condor_pool_summary" - which addresses the needs of sysadmins

I agree! When I was doing work for the OSG summer school, I was frustrated by the difficulty in getting information about our pool. And I have similar frustrations with condor_q.

I'll add to the list of things I'd like to see: I'd like some information about negotiation as well. For instance, we had a long cycle (about 10 minutes), where 50% of it was spent timing out against a bunch of unresponsive schedds. The only insight I had into that was the NegotiatorLog, which isn't user friendly. I'm not quite sure how to best present useful information about negotiation, but I'm sure that propagating this information through your proposed tool (or perhaps another similar tool?) would help people understand what's going on in their pools better.

-alain