Re: [HTCondor-devel] Possible corruption in V7_9_2-branch

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 21:40:11 -0500
From: Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Possible corruption in V7_9_2-branch
On 11/26/2012 05:36 PM, Nathan Panike wrote:

I would just like a clear policy to implement in code. The current
policy---which is not really a policy at all---where code is sometimes
merged through the release branch and sometimes not, is simply not
something that can be observed by a computer.

+1 to the idea where the the release branches are locked down, and the
wrangler cherry-pick's commits onto them.

+1

We should strive for short lived release branches with clear owners. Release branches should live long enough to stabilize, and the owner should pull in what fixes are needed to stabilize.

A predictable cadence for release will also help. With a known duration between releases the pressure to get one more thing into the current release can be lightened.

Best,

matt