Re: [Condor-devel] CONDOR_IDS or bust!

Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can we deprecate CONDOR_IDS?

Thereby mandating that a condor account exists on your system if
you want to run Condor as root?  That seems likely to irritate
some admins.

Timothy St. Clair <tstclair@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please don't!! this would be a PITA for development purposes.
> Right now I have several versions of condor which I control
> under my user account with only root controlling the main
> install.  This segregation it nice for development.

If this is a subtle enough misconfiguration that it bit us, it
seems worth guarding our users against it, even if the cost is
making development harder.

--
Alan De Smet                 Center for High Throughput Computing
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                       http://chtc.cs.wisc.edu