Re: [Condor-devel] [condor-admin #23544] Is bug 2958 fixed in Condor release 7.6.7?

Bob,

The patches you want are included in the V7_6_7-branch.

http://git.condorproject.org/repos/condor.git

Nathan Panike

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 03:19:00PM -0500, Brian Bockelman wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> It's definitely possible to the RPMs.  There are pretty good instructions here:
>
> https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=BuildingCondorOnUnix
>
> Basically, you'll want to do a git checkout and apply the patch.
>
> This will get you the "traditional" Condor - kitchen sink (i.e., Globus) and all included in the package, even if you already have Globus installed as an RPM.  If you want to have one closer in flavor to the OSG's, you can start with their build server and simply rebuild the SRPM:
>
> https://koji-hub.batlab.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=12
>
> The "kitchen sink" Condor does not produce a SRPM, so it's much harder to maintain a patchset than a normal RPM.
>
> At Nebraska, we've found it very convenient to maintain the capability to do our own Condor RPMs - this way, we can deploy a new version in a matter of hours if there's a patch which is high-urgency for us, but not others.
>
> Brian
>
> On Jun 4, 2012, at 2:59 PM, Nathan Panike wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 02:31:41PM -0500, condor-admin response tracking system wrote:
> >> Thanks for the info.  Is it possible for us to locally build rpms for
> >> 7.6.7 or 7.6.6 that contain this patch?
> >>

> > Hi bob,
> >
> > I am forwarding this to the condor-devel email list, because I do not
> > know the answer to your question.
> >
> > Nathan Panike
> >
> >> bob

Nathan Panike, nwp@xxxxxxxxxxx
Scientific Programmer
UW-Madison Center for High Throughput Computing
Computer Sciences Department, Room 4280
1210 W. Dayton St.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
608.890.0032

Scientific Programmer
Laboratory for Molecular and Computational Genomics
Biotechnology Center
425 Henry Mall, room 5445
Madison, WI 53706 USA
608.890.0086