[Condor-devel] Fwd: [Condor-users] upgrading startd

How can we better answer "what are the bugs in condor_X?". This type of question is trending (can I say that? *grin*), and is likely to continue as stable series releases accelerate.

A suggestion - expand the subsystem field in gt. daemons -> {daemons, condor_master, condor_schedd, condor_startd, condor_collector, condor_negotiator}. Maybe condor_job_router doesn't need the focus, its bugs go into daemons until focus is needed.

As for the upgrade question, it's almost addressed with the upgrade notes,

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.6/8_2Upgrading_from.html

However, there's no explicit statement that 7.4 and 7.6 will interoperate. Maybe it's implied, but that's not good enough for the uninitiated.

Best,

matt