Re: [Condor-devel] Fix RPATH in test directory

On Aug 15, 2012, at 12:21 PM, Nathan W. Panike wrote:

> ---
> OK, here is the problem:
>
> $ cd CONDOR_SRC
> #First make sure we don't have any crapp lying around
> $ git clean -dfx
> # OK, build condor + tests
> $ configure_uw && make externals && make -j5 && make install && make tests
> # Everything is hunky-dory.
> # Pick a test to run
> $ cd src/condor_tests
> $ job_dagman_fullremove.run
> # <Snip irrelevant junk from output, except for following interesting lines>
> 2012/08/15 10:44:53: <CondorTest> Abort event expected
> ./x_read_joblog.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libclassad.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Not all dag nodes removed!
> job_dagman_fullremove: CondorTest::RunTest() failed
>
> So now I have a comment and a question:
>
> 1. The patch below seems to fix the issue above (for me), but there is probably
>   something better to write.
>
> 2. How do the tests run in batlab without falling over all the time?

The nmi glue for the tests (in remote_pre) makes a symlink so that $ORIGIN/../lib contains the libraries.
I believe your patch would break the tests in nmi, as the Condor binaries aren't in ../../release_dir there.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
|                                | That's how I lost my mind.        |