Re: [Condor-devel] Is Redefining OpSys a Good Idea?

All -

I love static linking, application virtualization, and apple pie, but
any solution that requires the user to take some positive action is
unlikely to work in practice  :(

Defining OpSys to be much more specific (RHEL6 as opposed to LINUX)
makes it more likely that the user will get a machine compatible with
the submitting machine when they follow a simple hello world example.
The experts will figure out how to make the requirements expression
longer when they need to.

I'll add some thoughts to the wiki page to that effect...

My $.02 -

Doug