[Condor-devel] cpu-seconds in startd slot stats?

Currently, the startd advertises attributes such as TotalTimeUnclaimedIdle in each slot ad. The unit is seconds.

For partitionable slots, I think this would be more useful if it were seconds times the number of cpus allocated to the slot. For consistency, I propose that we make this change for all slots, not just partitionable slots.

One question is whether it should be cpu-seconds or SlotWeight-seconds. Since SlotWeight defaults to number of cpus, it would be the same thing by default. Changes to the number of cpus associated with a slot happen only in specific places in our code, whereas the value of SlotWeight could change at any time and so would require appropriate treatment.

Thoughts?

--Dan