Re: [Condor-devel] [condor-fw] New 7.5.6 branch created

On 03/01/2011 04:10 PM, Nathan W. Panike wrote:
On 03/01/2011 02:09 PM, Cathrin Weiss wrote:
The new 7.5.6 branch has been created off of 7.6. Typically I would say
that it's open for business now -- but since the code freeze was at some
point last week, no more commits unless you discussed that with me (all
commits I know about should already be in).

Now, please delete your local 7.5.6 branch copies and check it out
freshly from the repo if you need it.

Thanks,
Cathrin

If you want to retrieve this branch without blowing away your git
repository, do the following, assuming that origin points to the central
repository: (As a sequence of bash commands)

git fetch origin
if test "$(git symbolic-ref -q HEAD)" == "refs/heads/V7_5_6-branch"; then
git reset --hard origin/V7_5_6-branch
            ^^^^^^<----Omit this
Omit the --hard if you choose this route, or you will blow away any local changes you have in your working directory/workspace. Furthermore, it turned out this exercise is not necessary anyway, because the new V7_5_6-branch is a fast-forward of the old branch, which is contrary to what I understood during our Flightworthy meeting today.

else
git branch -M V7_5_6-branch origin/V7_5_6-branch
fi