[Condor-devel] Feature Request: when_to_transfer_output = never

I'll often encounter situations where I want Condor to transfer a small bootstrap script to kick a job off, but the job itself will take care of all the heavy file transfer lifting to and from the execute node. In that case I'll have to do some hoop jumping to get Condor to ignore output files and not do on-exit-or-evict file transfer for my job. Depending on the situation I'll either run in a sub-directory (but this still leaves stdout and stderr as something Condor possibly wants to transfer*) or I'll force a dummy file name on to the transfer_output_files setting.

I'd like to request that the transfer of input files be decoupled from the transfer of output files. So that I can do one or the other or both without having to resort to hacks. Making Condor understand 'when_to_transfer_output = never' seems the most straightforward way to access this kind of behaviour. But I'm open to anything that decouples the input and output file transfer features completely.

Regards,
- Ian

* I realize I could set stdout/stderr to not be captured in the first case but it's handy to have those on local disk for long running job debugs.

--
Ian Chesal
ichesal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx