[Condor-devel] CMake verbosity

Hi folks,

One of my favorite things about cmake is it does a great job of "cleaning up" the make output.  In fact, if there's no warnings, all you get are lovely-colored progress bars.

However, Condor hardcodes the verbosity level above the default.  Is there a particular reason for that?  I would assume that it's easier to have nightly builds do "make VERBOSE=1" if you want to record all the gory details than have humans go the extra mile.

Alternately, if there's a really easy way to persist the verbosity level in my development level, that would make me content.

Brian