Re: [Condor-devel] job stdout/err filenames broken

On 8/25/11 6:06 PM, Jaime Frey wrote:
On upgrading to Condor 7.7.1, the NMI lab discovered some problems with the naming the stdout and stderr files for some of their scheduler universe jobs.
It appears this is caused by Matt's change of the default value of ShouldTransferFiles to IF_NEEDED (#2273).
For scheduler universe, local unvierse, and vanilla universe where file transfer isn't used, if stdout or stderr contains any path information, the contents of stdout/err are written to _condor_stdout/err instead of to the file given by the user. In these cases, condor_submit is renaming the stdout/err filenames to _condor_stdout/err and setting TransferOutputRemaps to relocate them to the real filenames. But TransferOutputRemaps only works if the FileTransfer object is used.

I'll be out of town Friday and Monday, so someone else will have to continue debugging. A workaround is to use condor_submit from 7.7.0.

Sounds a lot like -

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2282

and

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=1811

I've not looked very closely yet, but I bet an immediate workaround is to explicitly state file transfer is not wanted (should_transfer_files = no).

Best,

matt