Re: [Condor-devel] -better-analyze and RequestMemory

Dan Bradley wrote:

I've seen the following apparently bogus output from condor_q -better-analyze a lot in recent versions of Condor. Is there a known issue?

    Condition                         Machines Matched    Suggestion
1 ( ( 1024 * ceiling(ifThenElse(JobVMMemory isnt undefined,JobVMMemory,9.765625000000000E+02)) ) >= 1000000 )
                                      0                   REMOVE

For the job in question, JobVMMemory was not defined, so the above expression looks like a tautology to me.

--Dan

Sounds like a red herring.

I wonder if the ClassAd library can properly handle all the operators in that expression. Similar problems existed in the past when ifThenElse was in the old ClassAd language but not the new.

Best,

matt