Re: [Condor-devel] too many links in spool directory

On 10/12/2010 12:47 PM, Dan Bradley wrote:
Hi all,

If you care about the spool directory, please take a glance at the
following ticket which proposes adding a hierarchy of directories.

I'd like to finish working on it this week (in time for the CHEP
conference next week!), so that we can demonstrate that Condor scales to
more than 32k running jobs.

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=1706

Thanks,
--Dan

Not spitting hairs - "Condor scales to more than 32K running jobs" -> "a single Condor Schedd scales to moer than 32K running jobs"?

willb has done work to avoid spool creation for jobs that do not need them. I understand your workload may require the spool, but if not you may use his work to test >32K without code changes.

Any idea why we haven't run into this problem much in the past? It is not uncommon to have >32K spooled jobs.

Best,

matt