Re: [Condor-devel] -better-analyze and RequestMemory

On 10/01/2010 05:57 PM, Dan Bradley wrote:

On 9/8/10 3:15 PM, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
Dan Bradley wrote:

I've seen the following apparently bogus output from condor_q
-better-analyze a lot in recent versions of Condor. Is there a known
issue?

Condition Machines Matched Suggestion
--------- ---------------- ----------
1 ( ( 1024 * ceiling(ifThenElse(JobVMMemory isnt
undefined,JobVMMemory,9.765625000000000E+02)) ) >= 1000000 )
0 REMOVE

For the job in question, JobVMMemory was not defined, so the above
expression looks like a tautology to me.

--Dan

Sounds like a red herring.

I wonder if the ClassAd library can properly handle all the operators
in that expression. Similar problems existed in the past when
ifThenElse was in the old ClassAd language but not the new.

I haven't investigated fully, but here's a data point: the problem
affects 7.4.2 but not 7.5.4.

--Dan

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=1645

Have you tried debug()? I've never actually seen this. Someone mentioned it seemed to only be happening on Windows. Is the ClassAd external current in the Windows build?

Best,

matt