Re: [Condor-devel] re-thinking definition of TotalRunningJobs

It seems reasonable that TotalRunningJobs should be the total running jobs ;-)

I see that the negotiator depends on IdleJobs>0 (not TotalIdleJobs) in the submitter ad to decide whether it is worth negotiating with a submitter. So we would just want to make sure that only jobs requiring negotiation are counted in the IdleJobs counter. Maybe that's not connected to the counter for TotalIdleJobs, but you'd want to make sure before changing it.

--Dan

Erik Erlandson wrote:
(cribbed from earlier irc post to #distcomp)

Is anybody aware of potential negative impacts of simplifying the criteria for counting 'TotalRunningJobs' (aka scheduler.JobsRunning) to something like "just count all jobs with status = {RUNNING | IDLE | UNEXPANDED}"? It pertains to addressing gt#602, and also gt#642 and gt#334. One impact would be more jobs of certain kinds would be counted toward max-jobs limit. Which may be why current counting exceptions were put in place to begin with.

http://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=602
http://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=334
http://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=642

-Erik