[Condor-devel] naming convention for submit-file commands

Most multi-word submit-file commands use underscores, whereas most job ClassAd attributes use camel-casing. In many, but not all cases, condor_submit treats camel-casing and underscores as synonyms, but I don't see that this is documented. The converse is not true: the job ClassAd does not treat the camel-case and underscore spellings as synonyms.

At the very least, I think condor_submit should handle submit commands uniformly, rather than having each command treated as a special-case. The thing that looks up commands should know that underscores are not significant if that is the convention.

I personally would prefer that the primary documented spelling of the submit command be the one that matches the spelling in the ClassAd, but I can see the opposing argument that it is good to keep people aware that they are in fact using submit commands rather than directly setting ClassAd attributes, since the two may be semantically different.

Thoughts?

--Dan