[Condor-devel] daemonCore instance in DaemonCore class

Hi folks,

I noticed that the DaemonCore member functions sometimes call the
global daemonCore instance directly instead of calling the "this"
instance. For example, in DaemonCore::Close_FD:

  retval = ( daemonCore->Close_Pipe ( fd ) ? 0 : -1 );

So, I was wondering under what circumstances both the global daemonCore
instance differed from the "this" instance. It seems an example of this
can be found in the main function in daemon_core_main.cpp. However, I'm
still not quite sure I understand why there is a need for having two
such instances co-existing. Can someone provide a little explanation?

--
Marc Tardif <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Freenode: cr3, Jabber: cr3@xxxxxxxxxx