Re: [Condor-devel] New-style locking

On 12/17/2010 05:34 PM, Brian Bockelman wrote:

On Dec 17, 2010, at 11:16 AM, Matthew Farrellee wrote:

On 12/17/2010 11:25 AM, Cathrin Weiss wrote:

The uid being currently always the user running the daemon, that is a
bug and needs to be fixed - agreed.

It looks like we don't have access to file owner/group (or even a dummy) on Windows.

What do you think about not having the uid in the path at all?

I guess it comes down to what you are trying to accomplish:
1) Build a global hash table of the file system in /tmp.  So, the file can only be opened by one person at a time.
2) Build a user-specific hash table.  This way, users can't maliciously interfere with each other.

I don't know enough of the use cases.  What are the cases for sharing locks between multiple-users?  It might just be Friday, but I can't think of any.

Brian

The uid got ejected from the path.

condor_dagman, condor_submit, condor_schedd and condor_shadow all write to the user event logs. Certainly different process owners, different users entirely, maybe not.

Best,

matt