[Condor-devel] Problems with paths of $cdmake in condor_vm_vmware.pl and VMWARE_SCRIPT in condor_config

Hi,

I followed the 'unattended' install procedure of Condor on Windows
(as provided in the manual).

I then get in the condor_config:

RELEASE_DIR = C:\condor
LOCAL_DIR = C:\condor
VMWARE_SCRIPT = C:\condor\bin\CONDOR~1.PL

Now, for many other macros in condor_config, I have for example:

LOG        = $(LOCAL_DIR)/log
SPOOL        = $(LOCAL_DIR)/spool
EXECUTE        = $(LOCAL_DIR)/execute
BIN        = $(RELEASE_DIR)/bin

So I wonder why the following mechanism is not used:

VMWARE_SCRIPT = $(BIN)\CONDOR~1.PL

to be on a much safer side with its default settings.

Also I noticed that "/" and "\" are both used as folder separators in the
config file; is it really OK for Windows?

Another problem arises in condor_vm_vmware.pl, which has hard-coded:

$cdmake = 'C:\condor\bin\cdmake.exe'

which totally breaks the iso-image creation if Condor is installed in a
different folder!!!
(that is: when RELEASE_DIR is not "C:\condor").

Rob.