[Condor-devel] From whence the starter gets the job ad

All:

In looking through the shadow code, I was surprised to learn that the starter doesn't get the job ad from the startd, rather, it gets the job ad to run by running an RSC to the shadow immediately after it starts up. This means that the shadow sends a job ad to the startd to activate the claim, but could potentially send a different job ad to the starter to actually run the job.

Is there any good reason we do this? Seems like it is a problem for a number of reasons.

-greg