Re: [Condor-devel] Collectors not advertising themselves

That was my first thought as well; to re-arrange the code such that the collectors won't register to the UW Collector, but will register to other collectors in the user's pool. It feels kind of hack-ish to me though, like there should be a better mean to determine whether he collector should report in rather than the number of startds it knows about. In theory, a collector could know about daemons other than startds and be a valid configuration, but the UW pool would never know about it.

Rob

Alan De Smet wrote:
I have no doubt there are users running collectors on every node
of their pool, and it would be nice to avoid spamming our global
collector with their ads.  However, it seems wrong to suppress
that information from the users individual collector.  Notably,
it doesn't let us tell users: "run 'condor_status -collector' and
if there are more than 3 or so entries, you might want to
reconfigure your pool."