Re: [Condor-devel] Strange error message

Good one. It looks to me like the schedd automatically adjusts the upper bound on ALIVE_INTERVAL while it is running (based on the smallest value of JobLeaseDuration that it sees). On reconfig, it is possible for this upper bound to be smaller than the default.

Therefore, I think this:

alive_interval = param_integer("ALIVE_INTERVAL",300,0,leaseAliveInterval);

should be changed to this:

alive_interval = param_integer("ALIVE_INTERVAL",min(300,leaseAliveInterval),0,leaseAliveInterval);

Any objections from anybody?

--Dan

Ian Chesal wrote:

My condor_schedd process crashed after issuing a reconfig to read a new
configuration file set. Last line in the log file for the schedd shows a
cryptic message:

6/13 12:18:32 ERROR "ALIVE_INTERVAL in the condor configuration is too
high (300).  Please set it to an integer in the range 0 to 240 (default
300)." at line 1349 in file condor_config.C

So the default (which I'm using) is 300 but 300 isn't in the range
[0:240]. Opps. :)

It did start the daemon. But that message should get looked at I
suppose.

Cheers!

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.