Re: [Condor-devel] [Condor-users] gcc 3.2.3 and condor 7.0.0 source

Craig Bruce wrote:
This shouldn't be the case. If you take a look at configure.ac and
search for GCC, you should find that compilers up to 4.1.2 are
"recognized".
I'm using 4.2.1, so have added that and it works fine.

What is telling you that you can only use gcc 3.2.3?
I misread README.building, 3.2.3 is on the recommended linux system

During my ./configure several warnings popped up with no doubt will lead to
problems.

configure: WARNING: Condor is not yet ported to SuSE version 10.3
configure: WARNING: You may have trouble building and/or packaging Condor
configure: checking what gcc flag forces
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.2.1/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld
into static mode
checking -Wl,-Bstatic... no
checking -Wl,-B,static... no
checking -Wl,-a,archive... no
configure: WARNING: can not find appropriate flags for
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.2.1/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld!
checking glibc... ERROR
configure: error: Condor does NOT know what glibc external to use with
glibc-2.6.1

In the externals folder there are no libc headers for 2.6.22, where can I
get these from?

I'm using openSUSE 10.3, so am a version ahead of Uwe, using 10.2.

You are essentially going to have to start with what is known as a clipped port, a build that does not include the standard universe and checkpointing functionality. AFAIK, the glibc external is only needed for creating a full port, one that isn't clipped. You should start by passing --without-full-port to configure and see how far that gets you. You'll probably run into the same glibc issue as above and you can fix it in a similar fashion to how you fixed the gcc issue. Search for "including_glibc_ext" in configure.ac for some guidance.

As for the ld issue, I'm not sure what to tell you about that, but since it is only a warning you may just be unable to statically link your built Condor binaries, which is not the end of the world.

Best,

matt