[Condor-devel] Is it possible to change the log file for a running job?

Hi,

The Condor adaptor in SAGA is currently using XML Logfiles to track
the progress of running jobs. To this end, and as needed, a randomly
named (temporary) file is created for each pool and writes to the file
are tracked and processed in the background. When a log file is no
longer being used, it is removed.

A drawback of this approach, if the SAGA application exits before the
Condor job terminates, the log file will be, once again, created by
Condor on the next event. This may lead to an accumulation of
temporary log files, which I'd like to avoid.

I tried using condor_qedit to change the attributes "Log" and
"UserLog", either clearing them or pointing them to /dev/null, but
none of those options seems to do the trick. Any ideas how I could go
about this?

Thanks.

<shameless-plug>
In other news, the Condor adaptor in SAGA has seen some development
since the failed demo at Condor Week. As has SAGA itself. The next few
weeks we're hammering down everything, aiming for an early September
release of SAGA C++ version 1.0. Feel free to check it out or to ping
me for more info ;-)
</shameless-plug>

Cheers,

João